Our Donations Account:
Norbu Ling e.V., Deutsche Bank München,
IBAN DE90 7007 0024 0191 6600 00
Project: Monks and Lay People
SPONSORING OF MONKS AND LAY PEOPLE
Our initiative right from the beginning was to find sponsors for monks and lay people. Monks receive a certain amount of money monthly, whereby the main part remains at the monastery for their responsibilities for maintenance of the buildings, accommodation, and food for monks and infrastructure.
Lay people are mostly sick persons and those who are not covered by any social institutions.
In addition, we support students - mainly female students - who wish to attend high schools or colleges and fulfill the corresponding requirements.
- Monthly support of monks, lay people, and education of girl pupils: € 20 to 30
- Support of students:
- enrolment fee: approx. € 2,000 (once-off)
- annual tuition fee: € 300 - € 450 per person
The fees vary from college to college and different subjects.
- annual costs for lodging: 600 € per person
- Food fund for the monastery (600 monks)
- Monthly costs for 3 meals per day: € 10,800 (representing approx: 60 €uro Cents/ day/monk)